Research and Development phase:
- Equilibre was given full support by the Mauritian Government Agricultural Research and Extension Institute (FAREI)
- University of Mauritius (UOM) validated each stage of the R & D process
- Research fields were established and monitored
- The Mauritian National Plant Protection Office (NPPO) issued permits to import Arundo K12 from Honduras for its commercial nursery on the basis that K12 is sterile and non-invasive
- FAREI and NPPO continue to oversee the establishment of the commercial nursery.
Collaborative Research Innovative Grant Scheme Award:
- CRIGS is a Mauritian Government Grant Programme under the hospice of the Mauritius Research Council to recognise and encourage innovation that will promote national economic development.
- Equilibre was proud to be a recipient of a CRIGS grant, which allows the company to claim a partnership with the Mauritian Government on the basis of its endorsement. Funds are utilised for further R & D, purchase of agricultural machinery and project administrative costs.
Arundo Donax a Viable Alternative towards National Clean Energy Development (ADVANCED)
Collaborative Research and Innovation Grant Scheme (CRIGS)
Equilibre Bioenergy Production Ltd & University of Mauriitus